Re: [INDOLOGY] kośa or koṣa?

Nathan McGovern nmcgover at fandm.edu
Mon May 11 21:54:43 UTC 2020

Dominik, this doesn't really answer your question, but in Thai (which
admittedly does often spell Sanskrit words in non-standard ways,
especially in pre-modern texts) the spelling โกษ (koṣa), is quite
common, perhaps even preferred, especially in the title โกษาธิบดี
(koṣādhipati), which was the official in change of the Phra Khlang, or
treasury, in Ayutthaya.

Nathan McGovern

University of Wisconsin-Whitewater