[INDOLOGY] Patanjali in the Puranas?

Hartmut Buescher buescherhartmut at gmail.com
Mon May 22 09:04:48 UTC 2017

Given the easily understandable relative – in India perhaps
even close to absolute – inaccessibility of Meulenbeld’s extremely valuable
(yet also megacostly) *History of Indian Medical Literature*, while the
popular name
Patañjali creeps around somewhere in almost every Indologist’s mind,
it may presumably be useful to more generally share on this list
the few pertinent pages of discussion in this Mahāpaṇḍita’s *magnum opus* –
cf. attachment.

Kind regards,
Hartmut Buescher

.