[INDOLOGY] Patanjali and Vishnu

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Wed May 24 13:05:04 UTC 2017

No, Bhoja composed the yogena cittasya padena vācām verse.  They do not
exist in earlier Sanskrit literature.

There's a different couplet in Bhartrhari's Vakyapadiya that it somewhat
suggestive of a similar idea, but Patanjali isn't mentioned and it's not
clear to whom Bhartrhari is referring.

Apologies that my remarks are laconic; I'm in a confererence.

Best,
Dominik

​
--
Professor Dominik Wujastyk <http://ualberta.academia.edu/DominikWujastyk>
​,​

Singhmar Chair in Classical Indian Society and Polity
​,​

Department of History and Classics <http://historyandclassics.ualberta.ca/>
​,​
University of Alberta, Canada