[INDOLOGY] Grammar of the Jain phrase

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Mon Aug 28 18:36:35 UTC 2017

Hi Andrew,

     Thanks for your explanation, and providing a textual context for this
phrase.  Is "mi" as a genitive form found elsewhere?  Ghatage's
Introduction to Ardhamagadhi (p. 117) does not list such a form in the
paradigm of the first person pronoun (attached).  But Pischel's Comparative
Grammar of the Prakrit Languages does list "mi" as one of the alternative
forms for accusative, instrumental and genitive.  Would like to know some
other instances of the use of "mi".

Madhav