Re: [INDOLOGY] mīmāṃsā

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 02:35:44 UTC 2016

Patrick would not have been so intrigued if he placed the issue in a
broader ritual studies framework, since the tradition insider /tradition
follower of a certain culture feeling compelled to perform the rituals
forming part of the culture is one of the cultural universals.

Traditionalism, i.e. performing rituals with the idea/belief that they have
to be and are being performed exactly the way the ancestors or the
'beginners' of the rituals performed them., is one of the defining features
of a ritual.

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )