Re: [INDOLOGY] mīmāṃsā

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Tue Sep 20 14:45:41 UTC 2016

The Mīmāṃsā texts referred to by Andrew are all very late texts.  Not to
discount the value of these late texts, it would be best to look at the
early sources of Mīmāṃsā, namely the Sūtras of Jaimini and Śabara's Bhāṣya,
with commentaries by Kumārila and Prabhākara.  The best source may be
Ganganath Jha's book: Pūrvamīmāṃsā in its Sources.  Best,

Madhav Deshpande