[INDOLOGY] 'Vedic' astrology (was: bhakti)

Dagmar Wujastyk d.wujastyk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 17:16:32 UTC 2016

Hi Patrick,

One group that always emphasizes "Vedic" in their representations of Indian
traditions are the followers of Maharishi (Transcendental Meditation,
Maharishi Ayurved, etc.), and I believe that this group may have been very
influential in the use of the term among practitioners in the West. See
http://www.maharishijyotishprogram.eu/ for their astrology programme.
I am not sure how far back in time their astrology programme goes. I don't
know of anyone having specifically analysed their use of "Vedic". Papers on
Maharishi Ayurved can be found in *Modern and Global Ayurveda* (SUNY
Press), edited by Fred Smith and myself.
Best wishes,
Dagmar