Ancient Rivers of khvaniratha and indology

Vishal Agarwal vishalagarwal at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 14 03:51:48 UTC 2000

I think such remarks are in quite bad taste. Dr. Kalyanaraman merely joked
and Dr. Thompson took it seriously. Anyway, I would actually be embarassed
if Mr. Abbas were to praise me. Your message assumes that Mr. Abbas
understands Vedic and Avestan, whereas anyone with an iota of commonsense
would conclude otherwise. I recall a verse here in connection with these fan
clubs:

Ushtranaam vivaaheshu, geetam gaayanti gardhabhaah |
Parasparam prasamsanti, aho roopam ! aho dhvanih ! ||

For that matter, while hardly anyone knows who Dr. Thompson is, his bete
noires (you know who) have a 100 fold readership. Should we apply your logic
here too then?

Maybe you will understand when I reproduce a private message sent by Dr.
Witzel to me in June 1999 (before he left for Japan) where he rejects your
dating of the RV and your assumption behind the same. So much for your fancy
notions of consensus on this issue.