River Sarasvati: Atomic scientists reconfirm location

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Wed Mar 8 12:33:08 UTC 2000

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Vidyasankar Sundaresan wrote:

> Well, as a general rule, don't dismiss the scientists so easily.

I'm sorry, but on indological matters I insist on dismissing scientists
very easily.

Unless they have some demonstrable formal training in matters concerning
the study of history and culture, that is.  However, this is almost never
the case.

Would you ask a Sanskritist for help with a broken leg?  No, unless the
Sanskritist happened to be trained in medicine.  Similarly, don't ask a
scientist for sensible opinions about topics in classical history.  I
really do mean this.

--
Dominik Wujastyk
Founder, INDOLOGY list.