River Sarasvati: Atomic scientists reconfirm location

Bijoy Misra bmisra at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Wed Mar 8 13:16:50 UTC 2000

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Dominik Wujastyk wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Vidyasankar Sundaresan wrote:
>
> > Well, as a general rule, don't dismiss the scientists so easily.
>
> I'm sorry, but on indological matters I insist on dismissing scientists
> very easily.

I don't get this statement.  Is this a private view or a creed
for the forum?

What you probably think is that interdiscipinary science
is a serious task.  But don't dismiss scientific point
of view.  Any discovery of any kind is analytic science.

Some of us do Sanskrit as a hobby ( I teach Sanskrit over
weekends) and study Indology for understanding the origin
of ideas (I do experiments on cognition for learning
and perception).  And we amuse ourselves at many unconnected
statements made at random on cultural and religious
forums.  And we come from hard core physical sciences
(mine is in physics and astronomy that we teach..)

This group goes biased occasionally, but to go against
scientists would be a big turn backwards..

Regards,

Bijoy Misra