[INDOLOGY] List of paninian equivalents of western grammatical terms for sanskrit

Harry Spier vasishtha.spier at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 23:59:40 UTC 2024

Jan Houben wrote:
Historically, introductions to Sanskrit since the nineteenth century are
rather characterized by gradually filtering out Sanskrit grammatical terms

and
Hans Hock wrote:

> , as long as we don’t expect anything more than corresponding terms for
> case marking there should be no problem

Looking at the table of contents to Apte's "Student's Guide to Sanskrit
Composition (third edition 1890)"  only western grammatical terms are used.

Link to the ninth edition (reprint of third edition?)
https://archive.org/download/StudentsGuideToSanskritComposition-VsApte1925/StudentsGuideToSanskritComposition-VsApte1925.pdf

Harry Spier