[INDOLOGY] Transliteraton of ळ

Harry Spier vasishtha.spier at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 04:57:48 UTC 2023

Thanks Madhav,
I did notice you did use the l under-circle in your Sanskrit Primer for ल.
As far as I could see you used the full ISO-15919 in your book.

In the Muktabodha digital library we make etexts available in IAST,
Harvard-Kyoto and Velthuis.  For the IAST version of  texts there is no
problem because   (l underbar)   *ḻ*  for *ळ* is part of the IAST standard.
But for Harvard-Kyoto and Velthuis versions of future texts I need to add a
transliteration code for *ळ *and I haven't been able to find one in any
on-line documentation I've found.  So I'm wondering if such a thing exists
officially or unofficially as part of these standards or if I have to
invent something.
Harry Spier