[INDOLOGY] Transliteraton of ळ

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Mon Apr 3 03:42:44 UTC 2023

Hello Harry,

    One more possibility is l̥, namely "l" with an under-circle.  I have
generally used r̥ and l̥ for ऋ and ऌ, and ḷ for ळ.

Madhav

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor Emeritus, Sanskrit and Linguistics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Senior Fellow, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies
Adjunct Professor, National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bangalore, India

[Residence: Campbell, California, USA]