[INDOLOGY] article search

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 10:39:43 UTC 2022

During our conference on Advaita at Chinmaya University  in Veliyanad,
Cochin, Shri Priyank Kumar Chauhan presented a paper on " Advaita Vedantic
Undertones in Haryanvi Raginis " Part of his abstract :

*Ragini* is a rich tradition of Haryanvi folk songs that are steeped in the
local culture and way of life. They are often centred around local legends
and folklore, episodes from the *itihasa-purana*, and lessons of common
morality. Although *Advaitavada* is not directly encountered in the
Haryanvi *Raginis,* certain core tenets of *Advaita* like the doctrine of
*Maya,* centrality of *jnana,* and the idea that there exists a more
fundamental absolute truth *(paramarthika)* behind the mundane truth of the
world *(vyavaharika),* can be gleaned from the *Raginis.*

abstract .

These two like the Telugu ones are part of the repertoire of a 'folk'
'spiritual' community that includes the scheduled caste individuals as
Gurus and S'ishyas.