[INDOLOGY] Tomorrow: Hybrid workshop: Insights into the Archaeology and Art History of Sri Lanka

Julia Hegewald julia.hegewald at uni-bonn.de
Wed Nov 16 12:56:41 UTC 2022

Dear colleagues and friends,

this is a brief reminder for our hybrid (in person and digital) workshop tomorrow morning, entitled “Insights into the Archaeology and Art History of Sri Lanka.”  in the Department of Asian and Islamic Art History at the University of Bonn. We commence at 10am German / Central European time.

Please find the programme and the zoom links below and attached.

No registration is necessary and everybody is welcome to attend.

Looking forward to seeing you next week.
With best wishes,

> WORKSHOP:
>
> Insights into the Archaeology and Art History of Sri Lanka
>

> Department of Asian and Islamic Art History, University of Bonn – 17 November 2022 – 10:00 am - 1:00pm (Central European Time)
>

> 10:00. “Prehistory of Sri Lanka”, Dr. Nimal Perera, Former Deputy Director General, Department of Archaeology of Sri Lanka.
>
> 10:45. “Avalokiteśvara, protector of Mariners”, Prof. Dr. Osmund Bopearachchi, Emeritus Director of Research, French National Centre for Scientific Research (C.N.R.S.-E.N.S. Paris).
>
> 11:30. “Ancient water harvesting and management systems in Sri Lanka”, Prof. Dr. Nuwan Abhayawardana, Head of the Department, Department of Archaeology and Heritage Management, Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, Rajarata University of Sri Lanka.
>
> 12:15. “Giribawa, an ancient glass production site” , Dr. Ariane de Saxcé, Associate Researcher for South Asia, Deutsches Archäologisches Institut – KAAK Bonn, Dr. Joëlle Rolland, Post-Doctorate, UMR 8215 Trajectoires, Université de Paris 1, LABEX Dynamite.
>

> Venue: Departmental Seminar Room, Department of Asian and Islamic Art History, University of Bonn, Adenauerallee 10, 53113 Bonn (ground floor)
>

> Or online via Zoom: https://uni-bonn.zoom.us/j/68693767503?pwd=TFZ0TW03cUlBRng2aU1VUytqMTJmZz09 <https://uni-bonn.zoom.us/j/68693767503?pwd=TFZ0TW03cUlBRng2aU1VUytqMTJmZz09>
>  <http://www.aik.uni-bonn.de/>

Julia A. B. Hegewald.

Prof. Dr. Julia A. B. Hegewald
Professor of Oriental Art History
Head of Department
University of Bonn
Institute of Oriental and Asian Studies (IOA)
Department of Asian and Islamic Art History
Adenauerallee 10
53113 Bonn
Germany

Email: julia.hegewald at uni-bonn.de <mailto:julia.hegewald at uni-bonn.de>