[INDOLOGY] Nagari conversion

Harry Spier vasishtha.spier at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 14:40:01 UTC 2022

Oliver,
When I open the link you gave, in a browser it gives the file name in the
upper left corner as drahyayana_shrauta_sutra.qxd . The extension qxd is
for QuarkXpress files.  QuarkXpress is publishing software.  When I
download the file, it downloads as a pdf but when I look at the properties,
the fonts in the file are embedded Type 1 postscript fonts.

MSTT315b9a0609O15504302

MSTT319c623cc2O17006000

MSTT31ab77a7ccO21306200

MSTT31b3f9fa67O15204300

So it looks like QuarkXpress has disguised the names of the fonts it used
in creating the pdf.

So as far as I can see, this is a (probably quite old) pdf file created
from a QuarkXpress file.  Since the fonts aren't unicode fonts, and the
names of the fonts are disguised,  the only thing I can think of is to make
a jpeg of each page and enter it into SanskritCR
https://ocr.sanskritdictionary.com/ and then manually correct the errors.

Quite laborious but less laborious than typing the whole thing by hand
again.
Harry Spier