[INDOLOGY] New version of Bloomfield's Vedic Concordance

Jonathan Silk kauzeya at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 11:21:36 UTC 2022

Dear Oliver

Congratulations.

While I am sure that this is widely known,  I remember now decades ago
Stanely Insler showing me his heavily annotated copy of Bloomfield. I have
no idea what happened to this  (I recall it as having been rebound in two
volumes, but perhaps this is a faulty memory) but it would doubtless be
very valuable if his notes could somehow be preserved.

Certainly his students know more.

Jonathan Silk

On Sun, Jul 31, 2022 at 1:02 PM Oliver Hellwig via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> a new XML version of Bloomfield's VC can be found here, along with a
> paper describing how we built it:
>
> https://github.com/OliverHellwig/sanskrit/tree/master/papers/2023wsc
>
> The new version is hopefully much easier to parse and and therefore more
> accessible for searching as well as for computational approaches.
>
> Best, Oliver
>
> ---
> Oliver Hellwig, IVS Zürich/Universität Düsseldorf

Prof. dr. J.A. Silk
Leiden University
Leiden University Institute for Area Studies, LIAS
Matthias de Vrieshof 3, Room 0.05b
2311 BZ Leiden

Mailing address:
Expeditie Postkamer Faculteit der Geesteswetenschappen
Leiden University
c/o Jonathan Silk, LIAS
Cleveringplaats 1
2311 RD Leiden
The Netherlands

website: www.OpenPhilology.eu
copies of my publications may be found at
https://leidenuniv.academia.edu/JASilk