[INDOLOGY] Sunya

Jean-Luc Chevillard jean-luc.chevillard at univ-paris-diderot.fr
Tue Jul 26 15:15:58 UTC 2022

Dear all,

I suddenly realize that because I was answering a message containing
French, I automatically switched to French in my answer.

Such is the power of mother tongues.

Here is the page scanned from the 1942 edition of Vīracōḻiyam which
contains the occurrence of பாழ் [pāḻ] for referring to DIGIT ZERO in a
mixed-type representation of number 1,048,576 (i.e. 2^20)
for the sake of those who would want to see it

Best wishes to all

-- Jean-Luc

https://htl.cnrs.fr/equipe/jl-chevillard/