[INDOLOGY] Arsagranthavali 1912 Samkhya publication

Lubomír Ondračka ondracka at ff.cuni.cz
Sun Dec 18 20:30:18 UTC 2022

I heard an explanation (if I remember correctly from Dominik Wujastyk) that the son of a Russian indologist discovered his father's book at DLI and threatened DLI with a lawsuit for copyright infringement. Because of this threat, the Indian authorities decided to close the project completely. I would like to know if this was really the case and to hear a fuller story.

The DLI scans have, in theory at least, been included in the new National Digital Library of India (NDLI) project (https://www.ndl.gov.in/). I once registered to access the materials in this collection, but the results were poor so I do not use it. Does anyone have current experience with this project?

Lubomir