[INDOLOGY] Visual Asian Studies and Visual Vedic Studies...

Jan E.M. Houben jemhouben at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 00:13:14 UTC 2022

Dear All,
I am happy to announce the online publication of my presentation (including
video clips) entitled
"The Nihnava meaningless? a new perspective and analysis of the structure
and meaning of Vedic ritual through videorecording"
presented at: Visual Asian Studies: Vedic Ritual in India & Nepal, ICAS 11,
Leiden, 19 July 2019
panel in honour of two pioneers in filming Vedic ritual, J.A.B. van
Buitenen (1928-1979) and Frits Staal (1930-2012).
See on vimeo channel "Vedic Ritual" at
https://vimeo.com/channels/vedicritual/page:2
or https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/775484310
One of the aims of this presentation is to demonstrate the importance of
registering, or recording on film, Vedic performances in order to acquire a
better understanding of the ritual -- and hence also of the mantras used in
the ritual.
With best regards,
Jan Houben
--

*Jan E.M. Houben*

Directeur d'Études, Professor of South Asian History and Philology

*Sources et histoire de la tradition sanskrite*

École Pratique des Hautes Études (EPHE, Paris Sciences et Lettres)

*Sciences historiques et philologiques *

Groupe de recherches en études indiennes (EA 2120)

*johannes.houben [at] ephe.psl.eu <johannes.houben at ephe.psl.eu>*

*https://ephe-sorbonne.academia.edu/JanEMHouben
<https://ephe-sorbonne.academia.edu/JanEMHouben>*

*https://www.classicalindia.info* <https://www.classicalindia.info>

LabEx Hastec OS 2021 -- *L'Inde Classique* augmentée: construction,
transmission

et transformations d'un savoir scientifique