[INDOLOGY] search for publications please reply offlist

Jan E.M. Houben jemhouben at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 00:36:49 UTC 2022

Dear All,
I am in search of scans of the following two works which I have in physical
formats that are not convenient when travelling...
(1) Bruce Lincoln. 1981. Priests, Warriors and Cattle: A Study in the
Ecology of Religions. Berkeley: University of California.
(2) Karl Friedrich Geldner. Der Rig-Veda aus dem Sanskrit ins Deutsche
übersetzt (3 vols.), HOS 33-35, and vol. 4: Namen- u. Sachregister zur
Übersetzung, dazu Nachträge und Verbesserungen / Aus dem Nachlass des
Übersetzers) by Johannes Nobel, 1957.
I am aware of a retyped or reset version containing ONLY the translation by
Geldner (which I can share if anyone is interested), and I am also aware
that the same translation appears among those provided on the astonishing
Vedaweb https://vedaweb.uni-koeln.de/
However, equally or even more precious are Geldner's unsurpassed detailed
philological notes where he clarifies inter alia his choice of terms used
in his translation -- as he does not adhere to the "one word - one
translation" doctrine.
With best regards,
Jan Houben
--

*Jan E.M. Houben*

Directeur d'Études, Professor of South Asian History and Philology

*Sources et histoire de la tradition sanskrite*

École Pratique des Hautes Études (EPHE, Paris Sciences et Lettres)

*Sciences historiques et philologiques *

Groupe de recherches en études indiennes (EA 2120)

*johannes.houben [at] ephe.psl.eu <johannes.houben at ephe.psl.eu>*

*https://ephe-sorbonne.academia.edu/JanEMHouben
<https://ephe-sorbonne.academia.edu/JanEMHouben>*

*https://www.classicalindia.info* <https://www.classicalindia.info>

LabEx Hastec OS 2021 -- *L'Inde Classique* augmentée: construction,
transmission

et transformations d'un savoir scientifique