[INDOLOGY] NGMCP images and copyright law

Harry Spier vasishtha.spier at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 21:16:33 UTC 2022

What I'm still unclear about is if in the past when this service was
provided, someone purchased copies of NGMPP manuscripts directly from the
Nepalese government at the   National Archives (KTM) in Kathmandu, if they
were required to sign something or somehow contractual rights on the
manuscripts were put in place. Or in the absence of which, only
international and Nepalese copyright law restricted use of the manuscripts,
in which case manuscripts photographed prior to 1997 would be in the public
domain and could be reproduced and published on the internet.
Thanks,
Harry Spier