[INDOLOGY] The Buddhist term sutta

Artur Karp karp at uw.edu.pl
Tue May 11 19:00:18 UTC 2021

I have long asked myself about the point of doing Indology in its purely
philological guise.

The Angulimala-sutta conveys the images of violence and offers suggestions
for resolving conflicts - irrespective of whether the Pali suffix -sutta is
derived from the OIA -su-ukta or -sutra.

But, perhaps, this differentiation affects our understanding of the text?

Artur

Wolny
od wirusów. www.avast.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>