[INDOLOGY] The Buddhist term sutta

Artur Karp karp at uw.edu.pl
Tue May 11 17:12:53 UTC 2021

Dear colleagues,
the question of the etymology of the Pali term sutta is interesting in
itself.

But - can its resolution broaden our understanding of the institution of
slavery in ancient India?
Would it help us to better understand the ideological bases of genocidal
practices directed against tribal communities?
The phenomenon of untouchability?

Best,

Artur

Wolny
od wirusów. www.avast.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

wt., 11 maj 2021 o 18:47 Rupert Gethin via INDOLOGY <