[INDOLOGY] dhudhurikā/ghughurikā

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Mon Aug 23 14:03:38 UTC 2021

A word in many modern Indian languages that comes phonetically close to
this is Ghungroo, the dancer's bells. I don't know if this will fit the
context of your text.  The other word is Ghāgar referring to a water pot.
Such words could possibly be Sanskritized as ghargharikā. Again the context
may or may not support any of these suggestions.

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor Emeritus, Sanskrit and Linguistics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Senior Fellow, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies
Adjunct Professor, National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bangalore, India

[Residence: Campbell, California, USA]