[INDOLOGY] Sad news: Dr. Kapila Vatsyayan

Sadananda Das spokensanskrit at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 19:32:00 UTC 2020

Dear colleagues,
it is shocking to hear that Dr. Kapila Vatsyayan is no more. I join in
mourning the departure of Dr. Kapila Vatsyayan. It is a great loss to the
academic world. Her contribution to the field of Indian Dance, Music, Art
and Culture is immense.  During 1993 -1996, while working in the  Varanasi
Centre of IGNCA, I had some opportunities to meet her. During these last
years  I was in touch with her in connection with getting her Foreword  to
the  Selected articles of Bettina Baümer  volume,

(Bettina Sharada Bäumer

PAŚYANTĪ

Insights into Indian Traditions

Selected Articles)
which I am currently editing. It should have been already published by
IGNCA, New Delhi by now but for some reasons it has been delayed.

I am deeply shocked to hear that she is no more with us. I send my
condolences to her family and friends. Let her immortal Soul rest in peace.
om śāntiḥ.

Sadananda

Dr. Sadananda Das
Institute of Indology and Central Asian Studies
Leipzig University
Schillerstrasse 6,
04109 Leipzig, Germany
Tel. 0341-97 37 132  (Off.)