[INDOLOGY] Book

Olivelle, J P jpo at austin.utexas.edu
Mon Sep 21 14:19:23 UTC 2020

Friends:

With apologies for cross posting, I am delighted to inform you of the publication of the book:

Yājñavalkya Dharmaśāstra: The Textual History of a Hindu Legal Code (Delhi: Primus Books)

http://primusbooks.com/yajnavalkya-dharmsastra-the-textual-history-of-a-hindu-legal-code/#

This is a companion volume to my book: Yajnavalkya: A Treatise on Dharma in the Murty Classical Library of India (Harvard: 2019), which contained only the text and translation.

The current volume contains the critically edited text together with the critical apparatus, detailed statements about editorial principles and the criteria for text selection, a concordance, and a pāda index.

With thanks and best wishes,

Patrick

Patrick Olivelle
Jacob and Frances Sanger Mossiker Chair Emeritus in the Humanities
120 Inner Campus Dr. Stop G9300
University of Texas
Austin, TX 78712-1251
USA
Telephone: (512) 471-5811; FAX (512) 471-4469
http://www.utexas.edu/cola/depts/asianstudies/faculty/olivelle