[INDOLOGY] Retroflexion and gender in viruses

Christian Ferstl christian.ferstl at univie.ac.at
Mon Mar 30 09:43:00 UTC 2020

That is, writing Sanskrit - not Hindi -  we should prefer the spelling
कोरोणा. With the nirukti kora-ūna this would denote something even less
or smaller than a bud, no?

Regarding Bhāmaha, most of us would still prefer a grammatical error to
a virus infection, I guess:

एकः प्रतिदिनं श्लोकः कोरोणां हि निवारयेत् ।
सुप्तिङन्तादिदोषे ऽपि शोधनीये ऽप्रयासतः ।
इत्युक्तमवरुद्धेन स्वगृहे कविमेदिना ॥

"A stanza a day keeps the virus away --
even if there may be a grammatical error, which can easily be
corrected."
This was said by a friend of the kavis secluded in his own house.

Just my two (and a half) cents.
Best,
Christian Ferstl