Re: [INDOLOGY] Thieme on Īśopaniṣad

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 02:57:31 UTC 2020

There is discussion of the relative chronology of the Bṛhadāraṇyaka
upaniṣad in Bronkhorst's *Greater Magadha,* esp. chapter IIA.3 and in part
III Chronology.  The discussion is mainly in the context of the doctrine of
Yājñavalkya's teachings and ātman, karman and punarjanman, and does not
discuss the Īśāvāsyopaniṣad specifically.

Best,
Dominik
--
Professor Dominik Wujastyk
<https://apps.ualberta.ca/directory/person/wujastyk>

Singhmar Chair in Classical Indian Society and Polity
,

Department of History and Classics <http://historyandclassics.ualberta.ca/>
,
University of Alberta, Canada