[INDOLOGY] Texts about translators and translation?

Nataliya Yanchevskaya markandeia at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 03:59:30 UTC 2020

Dear All,
Thanks again for your input! Now my student has something to choose from.
As expected, it is mostly secondary literature, however, it might point
towards some unexpected Sanskrit sources – we'll see.

Answering to Matthew Kapstein, here is a very short bibliography of what I
have received off-list:

Speziale, F. (2019). Rasāyana and Rasaśāstra in the Persian Medical Culture
of South Asia. *History of Science in South Asia*, 7, 1-41.
https://doi.org/10.18732/hssa.v7i0.40
Garzilli, E. (1996) (ed.), Translating, Translations, Translators from
India to the West (Harvard Oriental Series; Cambridge, MA: Harvard Univ.),
XVIII,
190.
Doniger O'Flaherty, Wendy. (1987) On Translating Sanskrit myths. In: Radice
W. and Barbara Reynolds, eds. *The translator's art. Essays in honour of
Betty Radice.* 121-128.
Sarukkai, S. (2016), Translation As Method: Implications for History of
Science, *Indian Journal of History of Science*, 51/1: 105–17.

The rest was sent via the list.
Thanks again and best wishes,
Nataliya