Re: [INDOLOGY] Sāyaṇa's commentary to Vājasaneyī Saṃhitā 10.28

Christophe Vielle christophe.vielle at uclouvain.be
Tue Jan 7 15:00:46 UTC 2020

The reference 10.28 matches with the Mādhyandina recension - cf. Weber's ed. with the commentary of Mahîdhara, and other subsequent eds like the following one from Nirnaya Sargar Press Bombay:
https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.56847/page/n187

The commentary of Sāyaṇa at the same is to be found in the edition of the Kāṇva recension at 11.38
see here, p. 20 of the second fasc./part (which starts after the p. 148 of the first part):

https://dli.sanskritdictionary.com/bookpage.php?Id=0B7JhzNLs-FQEbnBfbXRJNkZ4TUk
https://dli.sanskritdictionary.com/bookpage.php?Id=0B7JhzNLs-FQEQjJBSFNwZ0ttNXc

(it should be on Archiv too, but I was able to find it only on the "Sanskrit Dictionary" DLI mirror)

Ref.

Śuklayajurvedakāṇvasaṃhitā. Śrīsāyaṇācāryaviracitabhāṣyasahitā,
1 adhyāyādārabhya 20 adhyāyaparyantā :
Mādhava Śastriṇā saṃśodhitā
=Kanva sanhita of the Shukla Yajurveda,  with bhashya of Sayana Charya, 1 to 20 chapters,
[ed. Ratnagopāla Bhatta and Mādhava Śastrī]
Benares : [Chowkhamba Sanskrit Series Office], [1908-]1915, Kāśī Saṃskr̥ta granthamālā<https://www.worldcat.org/search?qt=hotseries&q=se%3A%22Ka%CC%84s%CC%81i%CC%84+Sam%CC%A3skr%CC%A5ta+granthama%CC%84la%CC%84%22>, 35 [in three parts: 144, 24 and 194 pp.]

Cf. the sequel:
Śuklayajurvedakāṇva saṃhitā :
Sāyaṇabhāṣyopetā : uttaravimśatiḥ /
sampādakaḥ Śrīcintāmaṇimiśraśarmā, upasampādakaḥ Śrīdivākaradāsaśarmā, sahasampādakḥ Gopālacandramiśraḥ.
ed. Gopal Chandra Misra, Vārāṇasī : Sampūrṇānanda - Saṃskr̥ta - Viśvavidyālaye, 1978.

Both volumes are on Hathi Trust but with "limited search only", cf.
https://books.google.com/?id=fe2cxwEACAAJ
https://books.google.com/?id=odRZQYi7ZekC

See also the following edition of the Kāṇva recension, without commentary: at the end there is a concordance of the two recensions.
https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.407960
https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.407453
https://dli.sanskritdictionary.com/bookpage.php?Id=0B7JhzNLs-FQETjd0dlpGVFlha28

Best wishes,