[INDOLOGY] Sāyaṇa's commentary to Vājasaneyī Saṃhitā 10.28

jacob at fabularasa.dk jacob at fabularasa.dk
Tue Jan 7 13:08:21 UTC 2020

Dear friends,

I am searching for Sāyaṇa's commentary to Vājasaneyī Saṃhitā 10.28, and
since I am travelling at the moment and do not have access to a library,
I will try my luck here instead. I have the following translation from
Panduranga Bhatta's "Dice-Play in Sanskrit Literature" (Delhi, 1985),
but I need to check it against the original Sanskrit:

"The game is played with five dice, four of which are called kṛta,
whilst the fifth is called kali. If all the dice fall uniformly
(ekarūpa), i.e. with the marked sides either upwards or downwards then
the player wins, and in that case kali is said to overrule the other
dice." (p. 80)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Jacob

Jacob Schmidt-Madsen
Postdoctoral Researcher in Indology
Department of Cross-Cultural and Regional Studies
University of Copenhagen
Denmark