[INDOLOGY] Texts about translations

Matthew Kapstein mkapstei at uchicago.edu
Mon Jan 6 17:35:32 UTC 2020

One issue that seems not yet to have been raised in this thread is that of chAyA, which is of course a type of translation from Prakrit to Sanskrit. I would be most interested if anyone knows of any reflections on or theoretization of (or jokes about!) chAyA within the Indian sources.

Matthew Kapstein
Directeur d'études,
Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes

Numata Visiting Professor of Buddhist Studies,
The University of Chicago