[INDOLOGY] help with a name

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Thu Feb 27 15:50:08 UTC 2020

Thanks, Arlo, for pointing to this difference.  Yes, Raghu Vira is a single
name with two parts without any family name.  I believe I have seen a
citation like "Chandra, Lokesh," but not "Vira, Raghu."  I don't know the
reasons, but would like to know more about how the Librarians generally
deal with these names.

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor Emeritus, Sanskrit and Linguistics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Senior Fellow, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies

[Residence: Campbell, California, USA]