[INDOLOGY] A manuscript written in unknown scripts

Matthew Kapstein mkapstei at uchicago.edu
Thu Sep 5 11:57:11 UTC 2019

As I recall, the series has 80 or so volumes and just three copies were printed. There is also supposed to be a complete catalogue of known palm leaf mss in the TAR.

The assumption that the Burmese ms was purchased and brought to Tibet in ancient times is unwarranted. It may have been a gift at the Buddhajayanti in 1956 for all we know, not to mention other possibilities.

Matthew Kapstein
EPHE, Paris