[INDOLOGY] A manuscript written in unknown scripts

Shihong Zhao zhaoshihong11126 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 03:59:09 UTC 2019

Dear Mr. Ruiz-Falqués,

Thank you for your immediate reply. I do not have knowledge of Old Burmese
script. At first, I thought the manuscript is written in Burmese or Thai
script.

As for the date of the manuscript, I actually have no idea. What I know
about it is that my professor found in Lhasa some large volumes of books in
which there are many photographs of South Asian manuscripts. These books
belong to a big project of an official committee in Lhasa which aims at
preserving palm-leaf manuscripts in Tibet. The appearance of this
manuscript in Tibet means that it was purchased and then brought to a
monastery in Tibet in ancient time.

Best wishes,
Zhao

Aleix Ruiz Falqués <arfalques at cantab.net> 于2019年9月5日周四 下午12:32写道: