[INDOLOGY] Date of Candranandana

Matthew Kapstein mkapstei at uchicago.edu
Mon Oct 7 21:00:29 UTC 2019

btw, Tha ga na is not actually a Tibetan name. It figures among the names of the mahsiddhas, where it is a Tibetan transcription of an MIA form of Sthagana, the Liar. What on earth it's doing as a Kashmiri king's name beats me.

Matthew Kapstein
Directeur d'études,
Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes

Numata Visiting Professor of Buddhist Studies,
The University of Chicago