[INDOLOGY] Non-standard sandhi

Krishnaprasad G krishnaprasadah.g at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 00:29:14 UTC 2019

This avagrahava is very very modern.
In Mahabhasya Patanjali writes for भ्यसो भ्यम् as किमयं भ्यंशब्दः अहोस्विद्
अभ्यम् शब्दः
कुतः सन्देहः ? समानो निर्देशः।
And even in the time of Bhattoji Dikshita was not used.
For समुदाङ्भ्यो यमोग्रन्थे  he comments, अग्रन्थे इतिच्छेदः।
And there is a commentary on Bhagavatam by Satyadharmatirtha he is 250
years back. Even he writes such.
So no difference in pronunciation.
KP