[INDOLOGY] Tamil pronunciation

Artur Karp karp at uw.edu.pl
Mon Jun 3 10:20:52 UTC 2019

As  a non-dravidist:

 தீவுக்கூட்டம் is a compound, two elements:  tīvu (s. dvīpa) -
'island' and kūṭṭam
- 'aggregation'.

In க்கூ the first -k (க்) does belongs neither to tīvu nor to kūṭṭam. In
writing it marks then the 'space' linking two separate words into one
compound. Is it pronounced? Or simply  left out?

pon., 3 cze 2019 o 11:52 Tieken, H.J.H. <H.J.H.Tieken at hum.leidenuniv.nl>