[INDOLOGY] Continuing my Krishna verses

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Tue Feb 12 05:30:17 UTC 2019

Thanks, Jan, for your analysis of the verse.  In my mind, since I am
talking about kr̥ṣṇacandra, the word karaiḥ refers to his hands/rays.  That
is precisely the point of using the plural. I should include this double
meaning in my translation.  Though I am translating my own verses, I often
find it impossible to bring the full richness of the original Sanskrit into
my translation.  Thanks for locating one such instance.  With best wishes,

Madhav

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor Emeritus
Sanskrit and Linguistics