[INDOLOGY] Joydeep Bagchee's membership to INDOLOGY

Shrinivasa Varakhedi shrivara at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 08:50:21 UTC 2019

Governing Council,

I second the opinion of Simon Brodbeck. The posting of Jaydeep was just a continuation of the thread on the gender issue. He just brought some issues objectively without any sort of personal objectionable comments/allegations on any one. The Governing council may disclose if anyone has raised any complaint on his posting. Even if such complaint exists, in a democratic set up, it is appropriate to give a notice and to provide with an opportunity to hear from the person whose posting is found objectionable. Without any such proceedings and justifications, taking action or decision may set a wrong precedence. Kindly revisit the decision.

Warm regards,
Shrinivasa Varakhedi