[INDOLOGY] Indication of Case

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 02:20:12 UTC 2019

I've seen this in students' manuscripts, that are identifiable as such
because of the large, learner's Devanagari.  But my experience does not
support Brockhaus's view that this is "often" done.  It's very rare.  Maybe
Brockhaus was looking at a corpus of MSS by a particular scribe or scribal
group, or a particular topic (chandas?) in which this was more common
practice?

--
Professor Dominik Wujastyk <http://ualberta.academia.edu/DominikWujastyk>
,

Singhmar Chair in Classical Indian Society and Polity
,

Department of History and Classics <http://historyandclassics.ualberta.ca/>
,
University of Alberta, Canada