[INDOLOGY] Draupadii and polyandry

Andrew Ollett andrew.ollett at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 22:19:13 UTC 2018

Oliver Hellwig has written some very interesting articles on applying
various statistical techniques to Sanskrit texts (including the
Mahābhārata) in order to determine "authorial structures" and hence
relative dating:

https://doi.org/10.1093/llc/fqp034
https://doi.org/10.1093/llc/fqn043
https://doi.org/10.1163/15728536-06002001

The last article presents a technique for distinguishing sections of a text
based on several features (lexical, syntactic, metrical, etc.) while
controlling for differences introduced by changing topics.