[INDOLOGY] The online catalogue of MS collection of Anand Ashram Pune

Bill Mak bill.m.mak at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 00:37:29 UTC 2018

Thanks, AJ. This is great news. I was impressed to see that they have over 1300+ jyotiṣa mss alone. Though the catalogue is not available online except for a few categories, if I am not mistaken, they are charging at 8 INR (or 1 USD!) per folio.

When I was in India last January looking for jyotiṣa manuscripts at the Asiatic Society, National Library (Calcutta) and various archives in Varanasi, the circumstances were often difficult and complicated. Though I did find most of the things I was looking for at the end thanks to all the helps I received, I came to the conclusion that one of the best archives of Sanskrit jyotiṣa mss is in fact Pingree’s collection at the John Hay Library, Brown University!

--
Bill M. Mak, PhD

Associate Professor
Yoshidahonmachi, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan 606-8501
〒606-8501 京都市左京区吉田本町
京都大学人文科学研究所

email: mak at zinbun.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tel:+81-75-753-6961
Fax:+81-75-753-6903

copies of my publications may be found at:
http://www.billmak.com
http://kyoto-u.academia.edu/BillMak