[INDOLOGY] The online catalogue of MS collection of Anand Ashram Pune

AJ Misra anuj.misra at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 11:06:15 UTC 2018

Dear list members,

It has just been brought to my notice that Anand Ashram Pune have begun
making their catalogue of Sanskrit manuscripts, including the costs for
acquiring copies, online on their website at
http://www.aanandashram-sanstha.org/Manuscript_Summary.html.

This is a great initiative by Mr Vasant Apte (managing trustee). I visited
Anand Ashram back in May-June 2017 and at the time, I had a chance to talk
to Mr Apte and recommended that he convince the board of trustees to fund a
digitisation project, starting with an online catalogue of the 15,000+
manuscripts in their collection. I am delighted to hear that they have
begun this task. I think the web catalogue is a little buggy so please feel
free to contact Mr Apte directly at
anandashramsan at gmail.com. I think the more contact/feedback smaller private
institutions receive from scholars, the more inclined they'd be to make
their collection available to us.

I attach the letter Mr Apte very kindly sent me below.

[image: Mail from Anandashram Sanstha.jpeg]

Best regards,

Anuj
--
Dr Anuj Misra
Visiting Postdoctoral Fellow

+49-(0)30-22667-174
amisra at mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de
www.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de

Postdoctoral Research Affiliate (2018–2019)
*Sytèmes de Référence Temps Espace* (SYRTE) Laboratory, Observatoire de
Paris, FRANCE
https://syrte.obspm.fr