[INDOLOGY] Request for identification of two manuscripts

Dhaval Patel drdhaval2785 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 12:49:22 UTC 2018

Respected Scholars,

I am seeking the help of scholars who are well versed in Prakrit and
related languages to help me in classifying or correcting the data of the
below mentioned two manuscripts of Chunilal Gandhi Vidyabhavan.

1. https://archive.org/details/chandahshastra-CGV-VRT-P0001
2. https://archive.org/details/vairagyashataka_-CGV-VRT-P0002

The details shown on the information slip pasted on the books are as
follows:
1. Title - ChandaHSAstra. Incomplete. Folio 1 missing.
2. Title - vairAgyaSataka (?) - an Ardh. work with Gujarati narratives.
Fairly old. First folio missing.

I can ascertain that the narratives in the second work are in old Gujarati
language.

I am not able to read Prakrit. May I request the scholars who can read the
language to shed some more light on the content / author / title of the
works or ascertain that they are correctly reflected in the information
slip? This would make the metadata of the scanned manuscript better and
help others.

--
Dr. Dhaval Patel, I.A.S
Collector and District Magistrate, Surat