[INDOLOGY] Searchable text?

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Sun Feb 25 16:57:54 UTC 2018

Dear Nagarajji,

     Here is the passage form Radhakrishnan's introduction to his TR of the
Bhagavadgītā [p.67]:

[image: Inline image 1]

It is now clear to me that Śaṅkara himself does not use the term
madhyamādhikāri in reference to Arjuna.  However, the  Bhāṣya on the
verse "*vyāmiśreṇeva
vākyena buddhim mohayasīva me*" [BG 3.2] uses the term mandabuddhi to refer
to him: *yadyapi viviktābhidhāyī bhagavān tathāpi mama mandabuddher
vyāmiśram iva bhagavadvākyam pratibhāti.  *On the contrary, Madhvācārya
calls Arjuna *uttamādhikārī *at the beginning of his
Bhagavadgītā-Tātparya-Nirṇaya.

Madhav Deshpande
Campbell, California