[INDOLOGY] Searchable text?

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 05:20:20 UTC 2018

This is still not a citation from S'ankara Bhashya.

Now that the searchable formats are available, hope the actual words will
be found.

On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 9:51 AM, Suresh Kolichala via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Dear Madhavji,
>
> Have you checked the supersite of IIT-K which has the text for all the
> important commentaries including Śankara and Madhva.
>
> https://www.gitasupersite.iitk.ac.in
>
> Also the following paper appears to discuss the topic in detail, which I
> have only a snippet view access on google books:
>
> Bhavani, Sudhindra: Is Arjuna amadhyamadhikarin? [Engl.]. In: Studies in
> Indian history and culture: volume presented to Dr. P. B. Desai ... 1971. -
> pp. 412-415
>
> The following snippet appears to confirm Sankara proposed  Arjuna  as a
> Madhyamadhikarin.
>
> Madhva has therefore, hastened to correct this impression left by Śankara
> and dispel the myth of *Arjuna's* being a *Madhyamadhikarin*. At the very
> beginning of his Gīta-Tatparya he hails Arjuna as a front rank Adhikari
> (Uttamadhikari) and as the best beloved of the Lord (Atmanah priyatamah).
> https://books.google.com/books?id=H821AAAAIAAJ&dq=madhyamadhikarin+arjuna
>
> Regards,
> Suresh.
>
> On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 10:46 PM, Madhav Deshpande via INDOLOGY <
> indology at list.indology.info> wrote:
>
>> I am trying to find if and where Śaṅkara uses the term madhyamādhikārin
>> in reference to Arjuna in his Gītābhāṣya.  Radhakrishnan, in his
>> introduction to his translation of the Bhagavadgītā, attributes this view
>> to Śaṅkara.  I have not yet found a passage in Śaṅkara's Gītābhāṣya where
>> he used the term madhyamādhikārin for Arjuna.  I would appreciate if anyone
>> else has come across such a passage.
>>
>> Madhav Deshpande
>> Campbell, California
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 7:17 PM, Madhav Deshpande <mmdesh at umich.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you, David.  That is great!
>>>
>>> Madhav

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra

BoS, Chinmaya Vishwavidyapeeth, Veliyanad, Kerala

(Pune, Maharashtra, INDIA )