[INDOLOGY] Searchable text?

Suresh Kolichala suresh.kolichala at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 04:21:52 UTC 2018

Dear Madhavji,

Have you checked the supersite of IIT-K which has the text for all the
important commentaries including Śankara and Madhva.

https://www.gitasupersite.iitk.ac.in

Also the following paper appears to discuss the topic in detail, which I
have only a snippet view access on google books:

Bhavani, Sudhindra: Is Arjuna amadhyamadhikarin? [Engl.]. In: Studies in
Indian history and culture: volume presented to Dr. P. B. Desai ... 1971. -
pp. 412-415

The following snippet appears to confirm Sankara proposed  Arjuna  as a
Madhyamadhikarin.

Madhva has therefore, hastened to correct this impression left by Śankara
and dispel the myth of *Arjuna's* being a *Madhyamadhikarin*. At the very
beginning of his Gīta-Tatparya he hails Arjuna as a front rank Adhikari
(Uttamadhikari) and as the best beloved of the Lord (Atmanah priyatamah).
https://books.google.com/books?id=H821AAAAIAAJ&dq=madhyamadhikarin+arjuna

Regards,
Suresh.