[INDOLOGY] Sandhi and compound splitting model

Oliver Hellwig hellwig7 at gmx.de
Thu Aug 30 08:01:12 UTC 2018

Dear Jan,

thanks for pointing out Geldner, his thoughts are always interesting.
However, I don't see that his comment (and even his redirection to
7.16.6) is in basic disagreement with the annotation.

Just to make sure: My analysis of the line says: "There's an atomic
*lexeme* dhAtama in acc. sg. masc., and this lexeme has a word semantic
annotation of 'giving' in this occurrence." No derivational statement
implied, and the root dA- is not mentioned at all. How would you
annotate dhAtama on the meaning level at this place, by the way?

Herzliche Grüße aus Berlin, Oliver